View the Business Scale-up and Productivity Website to find links to program guidelines, FAQs, an application guide and the application.
The fund provides successful applicants with a no-interest, repayable contribution from $500,000 up to a maximum of $10 million or up to 35 percent of eligible and supported project costs.per project.
This is a continuous intake program but all eligible expenses must be incurred by December 31, 2023.
To be considered eligible for funding, applicants must demonstrate:
- A minimum of 65 percent funding is available for the project.
- A sustainable business model.
- Financial capacity to complete the project and repay the contribution in full.
- Managerial, technical, and operational capacity to achieve the project’s stated objectives in a timely manner.
- Normally a minimum of five (5) full time employees.
- Market/industry demand (e.g., how the project addresses a significant gap in the market; global opportunity to be seized within Canada; and evidence that southern Ontario is uniquely positioned to capture market share).
- Potential for market growth, diversification of export markets and/or participation in global value chains.
- A viable project plan with achievable outcomes, supported by verifiable cost estimates
Business Scale-up and Productivity aims to accelerate the growth of firms and assist with the adoption and adaptation of new, innovative technologies that support scale-up, productivity, development of and entry into new markets to help companies become globally competitive.
The funding will:
- Assist high-growth firms to scale up and expand
- Support technology demonstration and the commercialization of new technologies
- Encourage the early adoption or adaptation of leading-edge technologies and processes to improve productivity
- Increase businesses’ capacity to grow through market diversification and entry into global markets
- Foster innovation, technology adoption and digital connectivity in rural areas.Increase the number of high-growth firms